A Tubular bandage is often used as a bottom layer when applying plaster casts or removable splints to keep the swelling reduced. The use of compression reduces swelling, either from getting there in the first place or by disseminating the fluids already there. Sport Tubular Support Bandages are lengths of close weave stretchy cotton used to support different limbs. The widths are for different limb sizes and tubular bandages come in either 1m or 10m lengths. The dimensions used are the flat width of the tubular bandage when lying on a flat surface. A Tubular bandage should be applied as a double layer, to ensure best support.
The support bandage should be applied from the joint below the injury to the joint above. For instance, in order to support and compress the elbow, the tubular bandage should go from the wrist to the shoulder or to support and compress the wrist, the bandage should go from the elbow to the knuckles.
Benefits & Features
- Easy to use and stays in place- continuous even support provided.
- No need for pins, clips or tapes.
- Can re re-applied when neededComfortable to wear, fully washable.
- Allows complete freedom of movemen.
- Suitable for large knee and medium thigh