Zovirax cold sore cream tube works to relieve the irritating symptoms such as itching and soreness and helps to speed up the healing process, causing it to scab and gradually disappear.
- Wash hands before and after treating you cold sore
- Squeeze or pump a small amount of cream onto your finger
- Apply to affected area 5 times a day, (about every 4 hours)
- If you forget a treatment, apply some as soon as you remember and continue as before
- Continue treatments for 5 days
- Cold sores are infectious. Always wash your hands after touching cold sores, or applying medication to them.
- Avoid touching your eyes.
- Women are advised to be especially careful when applying make-up.
- Do not use saliva to wet contact lenses.
- Avoid kissing, especially children, when you have a cold sore.
- Avoid breaking the blisters and picking the scabs.
- Not only can you infect your fingers with virus – you may infect your cold sore with other germs (eg bacteria).
- Avoid sharing your eating and drinking utensils.
- Avoid sharing the same towel with other people.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or are breast feeding unless your doctor advises.
Zovirax contains aciclovir 5% w/w in a water-miscible cream base containing propylene glycol.