NiQuitin Clear is part of a programme designed to support your wish to stop smoking. The programme contains 3 steps which you will need to follow, starting with Step 1, then Step 2, then Step 3.
Each Step has its own strength of NiQuitin Clear patch; the patches are designed to supply your body with the correct amount of nicotine, which decreases as you go from Step 1 to Step 3.
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
If you need advice before starting to use nicotine patches, talk to a healthcare professional.
You are more likely to quit smoking when using this product with help from a healthcare professional or support programme.
Adults: Apply one patch to the skin once a day, preferably on waking. Full instructions are given in the enclosed leaflet.
Step 1 (21 mg) Initial treatment period, 6 weeks.
Step 2 (14 mg) Step down treatment period, 2 weeks*.
Step 3 (7 mg) Step down treatment period, 2 weeks.
*Light smokers (less than 10 cigarettes a day) should start with Step 2 (14 mg) for 6 weeks and then Step 3 (7 mg) for 2 weeks.
If you need to use the patches for longer than 9 months (3 months for 12-17 year olds) seek advice from a healthcare professional.
Consult a healthcare professional:
- If you have serious liver or kidney disease, uncontrolled overactive thyroid gland or phaeochromocytoma.
- Before use if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you get a persistent skin reaction, remove the patch and tell your doctor.
For professional advice on medicines consult your pharmacist.
Hazards & Cautions
Do not use:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed on the side panel.
- If you are a non-smoker, an occasional smoker or under 12 years old.
- If you are in hospital because of heart problems unless your doctor tells you to.