Adults, and adolescents over 12 years of age:
One 10mg tablet up to three times per day with a maximum dose of 30mg per day.
Use in children under 12 years of age (and adolescents weighing less than 35kg):
It is recommended to take Motilium Tablets before meals. If taken after meals, absorption of the drug is somewhat delayed.
Not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
Motilium Tablets should be used at the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration necessary to control nausea and vomiting.
Domperidone is contraindicated in the following situations:
• Known hypersensitivity to domperidone or any of the excipients.
• Prolactin-releasing pituitary tumour (prolactinoma).
• When stimulation of the gastric motility could be harmful: gastro-intestinal haemorrhage, mechanical obstruction or perforation.
• In patients with moderate or severe hepatic impairment.
• In patients who have known existing prolongation of cardiac conduction intervals, particularly QTc, patients with significant electrolyte disturbances or underlying cardiac diseases such as congestive heart failure.
• Co-administration with all QT-prolonging drugs.
• Co-administration with potent CYP3A4 inhibitors.