Benefits & Features
- The bandage’s conforming capability helps the bandage to stay in place, providing extra security.
- The material on this conforming bandage is designed to be self-adhesive, so when the bandage is wrapped, it attaches to itself, but it will not stick to the skin. This reduces pain and discomfort during dressing changes by allowing for easy removal of the bandage.
- Mediform Conforming Bandages are designed to be breathable, allowing air to circulate over the skin and around the dressing used on a wound. This reduces the risk of infection, inflammation, and skin reactions from prolonged bandaging.
- This conforming bandage will not sag or droop because it clings tightly to itself and holds its shape.
- It does not require clips, tapes, or other devices to secure it in place because of the self-adhesive characteristics.
- For basic wound care, a conforming bandage can be wrapped around a dressing to hold it snugly in place. This can be especially useful for injuries on the hands, shoulders, knees, and elbows, where bandage tape alone would not work.
- The conforming bandage allows some freedom of movement without allowing the dressing to slip, since it can be flexible as the patient moves.
- Conforming bandages are also used when preparing for casting, to hold insulating material in place, and they may be used to wrap a cast in order to keep it clean