Maalox Plus Chewable Tablets are used for:
- The relief of indigestion (dyspepsia)
- Wind (flatulence)
Maalox Plus Chewable Tablets contain three different medicines:
- The first two medicines are called hydrated aluminium oxide, and magnesium hydroxide. They belong to a group of medicines called antacids.
- The other medicine is called dimeticone (as simeticone). It belongs to a group of medicines called antifoaming agents.
- Take this medicine by mouth
- Chew the tablets well before swallowing
- Take one or two tablets 4 times each day
- Take 20 minutes to one hour after meals and at bedtime or as required
Do not take this medicine for prolonged periods as it may mask more serious diseases such as stomach ulcers or stomach cancer.
If the symptoms do not go away, talk to your doctor.
Not recommended in children.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if:
- You are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant
- You are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed