Gaviscon Extra Oral Suspension works in two different ways:
1. Neutralises excess stomach acid to relieve pain and discomfort.
2. Gaviscon Extra Strength forms a ‘raft’ over the stomach contents which helps prevent acid coming back up into the oesophagus (food pipe) As such it is effective at treating the classic symptoms of heartburn (a burning pain in the chest and mild acid regurgitation.
Consult your doctor if you are over 40 years and have never suffered with heartburn and indigestion before.
- Dosage: For oral use
- Shake well before use
- Read the package leaflet before use
- Adults including the elderly and children over 12 years: 10 to 20mls after meals or at bed time, or as directed, up to four times a day
- Children under 12 years old: should only be taken on medical advice. If symptoms persist after 7 days consult your doctor.
Each 10ml contains Sodium Alginate 500mg, Sodium Bicarbonate 213mg and Calcium Carbonate 325mg. Also contains Methyl (E218) and Propyl (E216) Parahydroxybenzoates, Sodium and Calcium