What are these tablets?
Gaviscon Extra Chewable Tablets bring long lasting relief from the pain and discomfort of heartburn and acid indigestion. They get to work in two different ways:
- Neutralising excess stomach acid to relieve pain and discomfort (white layer)
- Forming a protective barrier over the stomach contents to soothe the burning pain in your chest (pink layer)
- Each chewable tablet contains 250mg sodium alginate, 106.5mg sodium bicarbonate and 187.5mg calcium carbonate as the active ingredients. The tablets do not contain sugar or gluten.
- You can take this product if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- For oral administration.
- Read package leaflet before use.
- Adults and children over 12 years: When symptoms occur take two to four tablets after meals and at bedtime, up to four times a day. Chew thoroughly before swallowing.
- Children under 12 years: Should only be taken on medical advice.
- Each tablet contains: sodium alginate 250 mg, sodium bicarbonate 106.5 mg and calcium carbonate 187.5 mg.
- Other Ingredients: Macrogol 20,000, Mannitol (E421), Copovidone, Acesulfame K, Aspartame (E951), Mint flavour, Carmoisine Lake (E122), Magnesium stearate, Xylitol DC (contains carmellose sodium)
- Consult your doctor if you are over 40 years and have never suffered with heartburn or acid indigestion before.
- If symptoms persist after 7 days consult your doctor.
- Contains sodium and calcium.
- If you have been advised to follow a diet restricted in any of these please consult your doctor before taking this product.
- If you have phenylketonuria, note that the product is sweetened with aspartame, a source of phenylalanine.
- This product contains carmoisine lake (E122)
- See enclosed leaflet for further information.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children
See enclosed leaflet for further information.