Use Duofilm solution as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- First soak the affected area in warm water for about 5 minutes. Dry thoroughly. Apply 1 drop at a time to sufficiently cover each affected area. Let dry.
- Cover the area with a small adhesive bandage or dressing (if practical) unless your doctor has instructed you not to. Unless your hands are being treated, be sure to wash your hands after each application.
- If you miss a dose of Duofilm solution, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
- Always read instructions before use
Warnings and Precautions
- Certain acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can rarely cause serious and sometimes life-threatening allergic reactions or severe irritation. Before first use, you may need to follow certain steps to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction. Use Duofilm solution as you were told by your doctor or read the package label. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- Duofilm solution is for external use only. Avoid getting Duofilm solution in your eyes, nose, or mouth, or on the genitals. If contact with your eyes occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes. Do not inhale the vapors of Duofilm solution.
- Do not use Duofilm solution longer or more often than recommended by your doctor or on the package label.
- Check with your doctor before use if you have a condition that covers a large area of the body.
- Be sure to apply Duofilm solution only to the affected area and not to normal healthy skin.
- Do not use Duofilm solution on skin that is irritated, infected, or reddened.
- Do not use Duofilm solution on open skin wounds, moles, birthmarks, genital warts, warts on the face, or warts growing hair.
- Do not use any other medicines or drying products on your skin unless your doctor instructs you otherwise.
- Duofilm solution may interfere with certain lab test results. Make sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are using Duofilm solution.
- Duofilm solution is extremely flammable. Do not store or use Duofilm solution near a fire or other open flame.
- Duofilm solution may be harmful if swallowed. If you may have taken Duofilm solution by mouth, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
- Duofilm solution contains a salicylate, which has been linked to Reye syndrome. Do not use Duofilm solution on children or teenagers during or after chickenpox, flu, or other viral infections without checking with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Caution is advised when using Duofilm solution in CHILDREN because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Duofilm solution during pregnancy. It is unknown if Duofilm solution is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Duofilm solution, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.