The presence of arachis oil lubricates the ear wax and the chlorobutanol, which is an antibacterial agent loosens the wax.
- Prepare a small pad of cotton wool, the size of your thumb nail.
- Lie or sit down and tilt your head to the side.
- Use the dropper to put 5 drops into the ear canal, do not push the dropper into the ear.
- As the liquid enters the ear there may be a harmless tingling sensation.
- Moisten the small pad of cotton wool with Cerumol or petroleum jelly.
- Place the cotton wool pad into the ear but do not push right into the ear canal.
- Remove the pad after one hour or in the morning.
- Repeat daily for three days.
The active ingredients are: Arachis oil refined (peanut oil) 57.3% w/v, chlorobutanol hemihydrate 5% w/v.