The active substance in Canesten Duopak is clotrimazole. Clotrimazole belongs to a group of medicines called azoles and is an antifungal agent which fights the cause of infections such as vaginal thrush.
- Remove the applicator from the packaging. Pull out the plunger until it stops. Remove the pessary from the foil blister pack and place firmly into the applicator .
- To fit the pessary into the applicator, the holder of the applicator needs to be squeezed lightly at both sides. The pessary fits tightly into the applicator and needs to be squeezed into the holder to about 1cm.
- Carefully put the applicator as deep as is comfortable into the vagina (this is easiest when lying on your back with your knees bent up). Holding the applicator in place, slowly press the plunger until it stops so that the pessary is deposited into the vagina.
- Remove the applicator. After use, remove plunger A completely by pulling it out of the applicator. Then wash it in warm (not boiling) soapy water, rinse and dry carefully.
- After completing the treatment, dispose of the applicator in a safe place, out of the reach of children. The applicator cannot be flushed down the toilet. Since the pessary dissolves in the vagina, it may be helpful to wear a panty liner because it is quite common to notice a white chalky residue after using the pessary. This does not mean that the treatment has not worked. However, if you notice pieces of undissolved pessary, speak to your doctor or a pharmacist, as the treatment may not have worked properly.
- The Cream: Before use, pierce the tube seal by inverting the cap over the end of the tube and press.
- Women: To treat the itching and soreness of the vulva (vulvitis), the cream should be thinly and evenly applied to the area around the entrance of the vagina, 2 or 3 times a day and smoothed in gently.
What Canesten Duopak contains:
- The active substance is clotrimazole at a strength of 100mg.
- The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, lactic acid, maize starch, crospovidone, calcium lactate pentahydrate, magnesium stearate, colloidal anhydrous silica and hypromellose.
- The active substance is clotrimazole at a strength of 1% w/w (10mg/g).
- The other ingredients are benzyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, sorbitan stearate, cetyl palmitate, cetostearyl alcohol, octyldodecanol and purified water.
Please read leaflet before using this product.