What is Canesten Pessary Clotrimazole 200 mg used for?
Canesten 200mg Pessary is indicated for the treatment of vaginal thrush. It is inserted into the vagina for treatment at the site of infection. Only use this product if you have been previously diagnosed by your doctor as having vaginal thrush.
The active substance in Canesten 200mg Pessary is clotrimazole. Clotrimazole belongs to a group of medicines called azoles and is an antifungal agenT
How to use Canesten Pessary?
If Canesten 200mg Pessary has been prescribed for you by your doctor, follow any instructions he/she may have given you. If you purchased this product without a prescription, follow these directions closely: The applicator should be used to insert the pessary as high as possible into the vagina, preferably before going to sleep on three consecutive nights for convenient and comfortable treatment. Wash your hands before removing the foil from the blister pack and again afterwards when you have used the applicator.
1. Remove the applicator from the packaging. Pull out the plunger A until it stops. Remove the pessary from the foil blister pack and place firmly into the applicator.
2. To fit the pessary into the applicator, the holder of the applicator needs to be squeezed lightly at both sides. The pessary fits tightly into the applicator and needs to be squeezed into the holder to about 1cm.
3. Carefully put the applicator as deep as is comfortable into the vagina (this is easiest when lying on your back with your knees bent up). Holding the applicator in place, slowly press the plunger until it stops so that the pessary is deposited into the vagina. Rectum Vagina Womb Bladder 3 200mg Pessary Clotrimazole 200mg
4. Remove the applicator. After use, remove plunger A completely by pulling it out of the applicator . Then wash it in warm (not boiling) soapy water, rinse and dry carefully.
5. After completing the treatment, dispose of the applicator in a safe place, out of the reach of children. The applicator cannot be flushed down the toilet. Since the pessary dissolves in the vagina, it may be helpful to wear a panty liner because it is quite common to notice a white chalky residue after using the pessary. This does not mean that the treatment has not worked. However, if you notice pieces of undissolved pessary, speak to your doctor or a pharmacist, as the treatment may not have worked properly. If your vagina and vulva are itchy and sore, Canesten Cream should also be used. The symptoms of thrush should disappear within three days of treatment. If no improvement is seen after seven days you must tell your doctor. If the infection returns after seven days you may use one further treatment, but if you have more than two infections within two months you should see your doctor.
What Canesten 200mg Pessary contains:
- The active substance is: clotrimazole at a strength of 200mg.
- The other ingredients are: calcium lactate pentahydrate, maize starch, crospovidone, colloidal anhydrous silica, lactic acid, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, hypromellose and microcrystalline cellulose.
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully.