Canesten Thrush Cream Clotrimazole 2% provides external treatment for thrush and fungal infections. It contains 2% of the active ingredient Clotrimazole which promotes a healthy pH balance and reduces thrush symptoms of itching and burning.
What causes thrush?
Thrush is caused when there is disruption in balance between bacteria and yeasts which naturally live within the vagina. This can be caused by a variety of factors like:
- Medicines and antibiotics
- Trauma of sexual activity
- Perfumed soap, shower gels, or bubble baths
- Wearing tight clothing
Canesten Thrush Cream Clotrimazole 2% can be used to prevent the growth of fungus and reduce itchy, burning sensations. To prevent thrush from recurring:
- Avoid tight, synthetic clothing
- Avoid perfumed soaps, gels, bubble baths, vaginal deodorants and douches
- Change tampons or pads regularly when on your period
Wash your hands before and after using the cream. Apply the cream thinly to affected areas 2 or 3 times a day and rub in gently. Treatment should be continued for up to one week after treating the internal infection in women and for two weeks in men. If symptoms persist consult your doctor.
Do not use the cream if you have previously had an allergic reaction to the active ingredient clotrimazole. If you are unsure about this, ask your doctor.
See your doctor as soon as possible and do not use Canesten Thrush Cream if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Irregular vaginal bleeding
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding or a blood stained discharge
- Ulcers, blisters or sores of the vagina or vulva
- Lower abdominal pain
- Pain or difficulty in passing urine
- Fever or chills
- Feeling sick or vomiting
- A foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- If you are unsure whether you have thrush, check with your doctor before using this product.
If you are pregnant or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten Thrush Cream
Before using the Canesten Thrush Cream, you should see your doctor if:
- You have had more than two infections of thrush in the last six months
- You or your partner have ever had a sexually transmitted disease
- You are aged under 16 or over 60 years
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to Canesten or any other vaginal antifungal product.